Micro Market Sanitation Best Practices
Proper cleaning techniques for your markets should always be a central part of your food safety and maintenance plan. Given current heightened awareness around the spread of viruses and bacteria, Avanti Markets reminds you of best practices related to cleaning market equipment to ensure consumer safety.
- Kiosk Screens: To clean your kiosk screens, we recommend a 1:1 solution of water and 70% isopropyl alcohol on a microfiber cloth. Spray the solution onto the cloth and wipe the screen, rather than spraying directly onto the screen. Do this no more than two times a day. Note that improper cleaning or the use of products that are not recommended can result in damage to the kiosk screen.
- Coolers/Freezers: Use sanitizing wipes on cooler/freezer door handles in addition to any other high traffic and frequently touched surfaces.
- Other tips:
- Wrap you fresh produce items, or consider not offering them at this time. Route drivers are traveling to multiple sights each week where thousands of consumers go to work every day. Handling unwrapped produce items across a wide geography could increase the risk to consumer safety.
- Coffee solutions – Encourage consumer not to reuse their paper coffee cup. Wash your reusable coffee cup with hot soapy water before getting a refill.
- Remind drivers to wash their hands regularly after using the bathroom, eating, coughing, sneezing, etc.
Watch this video for a helpful overview:
Kiosk & Market Sanitation Best Practices from Avanti Markets