Micro markets have popped up throughout the country and transformed traditional breakrooms with food and beverage options. Combining choice and versatility with a perfect blend of technology for ease and functionality, a micro market offers many benefits.
So, what exactly are micro markets?
A micro market is an unmanned retail space where individuals can purchase food and beverages.
- Micro markets can include a wide variety of fresh and healthy items
- Your local food and beverage Operator restocks the markets regularly
- They are popular additions to employee break rooms, where they can be custom-fit to the size and shape of the area
- Micro markets have many enticing options to keep employees both happy and healthy
Micro markets feature refrigerated cases that can house fresh foods like salads and sandwiches, as well as beverages, fruits, vegetables and other perishable snacks. They can also feature specialty coffees, dry goods such as energy bars and frozen treats.
How do micro markets work?
To use a micro market:
- The customer simply picks up the food or beverage they wish to purchase
- Customer pays for the items at the intuitive, self-checkout kiosk
- Kiosks offer a variety of convenient payment options such as credit/debit cards, cash, fingerprint reader and more.
Employers can choose to set up a micro market incentive program and give employees a monthly food stipend account that they can access from the kiosk. Payroll deduction is another popular payment option in employee breakroom micro markets. All transactions take place through a secure and stable network.
The benefits for all
- Micro markets are attractive to employers because they cost very little to install and maintain
- The facility provides a designated space, power and an internet connection
- The local food and beverage Operator handles the setup, installation, restocking of the market
The micro market provides a bright, fun and value-add option for employees looking for a snack or meal at work that is easy to navigate, convenient and provides plenty of choice.
Employers who set up a micro market in their employee breakrooms can enjoy a variety of benefits including improved employee efficiency and enhanced company culture.
Get a micro market at your office
Here at Avanti Markets, we provide plenty of options to build a micro market that best suits both the employer and employee needs.
Discover more of our products and solutions now and how to get a micro market installed at your workplace.
More to discover:
This page was updated: 01/29/2020